2011_CIACUG_Digital_Photo_Contest.pdf same rules as last year
2012 CIACUG Digital
- The photo contest event is open now to CIACUG members.
- Final submittal of entries will be October 1, 2012. Entries not emailed on or before that date will be disqualified.
- The contest is open to all individuals who are members of CIACUG. Photos may be submitted in each of four categories: Limit 2 pictures per category
- Still life
Note: Landscape can be mountains, sky, sea, flowers, desert, trees, etc.
Still life is any object not shown in motion; architecture, automobiles, boats, sculpture, historical objects, etc.
Let your imagination look through your viewfinder!
- Entries must be taken with a digital camera
- Images should be formatted to 300dpi, and no smaller than 600 by 450 pixels. Images should be submitted in
JPG (at high quality). Each Picture should contain the category in its name.
- Entries can be color or black and white.
- Entrants can submit two photographs per category via email with the image in .jpg format. Entrants can
enter all 4 categories if desired.
- Entrants will be judged for 1st, 2nd, and 3rd place under the following criteria but will not be applied to the People’s Choice Award:
Composition (5 points)
Technical Skill (5 points)
Visual Impact (10 points)
- All Entries must be emailed no later than October 1, 2012 to: firstname.lastname@example.org with “2012 Photo Contest” in the subject line. Please indicate in the email what category the picture should be in and the photographers name and email address.
- CIACUG will not be responsible for any lost photos in the mail. Entrants should retain copies of the photos.
- There will be at least 3 judges reviewing all entries. Each category will have 1st, 2nd and 3rd place awards. The People’s Choice award will be selected from entries and that selection will be chosen by the attendees at the CIACUG General Meeting in October, 2011. First Place winners and the People’s Choice winner will be published in the CIACUG newsletter and posted on line. Awards and certificates will be presented at the CIACUG General Meeting October 9, 2012.
Questions please email David Williams at email@example.com. If you do not have email and would to submit pictures, please contact David asap at  957-1339 to make arrangements to get him the pictures prior to that deadline.